• Willkommen im Geoclub - dem größten deutschsprachigen Geocaching-Forum. Registriere dich kostenlos, um alle Inhalte zu sehen und neue Beiträge zu erstellen.

OpenBenchmark or OpenWayPoint

ocpl

Geonewbie
Hi,

Maybe many users geocaching know game find a benchmark Here. Benchmark is game to find geodetic points.
On GC.com this is only for USA benchmarks because database of geodetic point are avaliable public. In Polnad (I don't know what about other coutries) database of geodetic points are not avaliable but we have a lot of topo maps (in digital format) and on this maps we can find marked geodetic points and it is very easy create this information as waypoint and share with other users. But we are need service to add this point and create log, add pictures etc. What do you think about idea build services similar to www.waymarking.comin which exist category of Benchamrk and users can add founded geodetic points to database. But one problem exist with www.waymarking.comthis part of Geocaching.com and for add new subcategory for exmaple Polish or Germany geodetic points you must be PREMIUM member.
Maybe we need to start to build OpenBenchmark site with modify OC source to add benchmark instead geocache.

Carsten

Geowizard
ocpl schrieb:
Maybe to build OpenBenchmark site is start to modify OC source to add benchmark instead geocache ?

Great idea! Then we could move all the virtual crap from OC to OB. For OpenCaching there has to be a physical box at the end of the search, OpenBenchmark is for everything else.

OP
O

ocpl

Geonewbie
Carsten schrieb:
Great idea! Then we could move all the virtual crap from OC to OB. For OpenCaching there has to be a physical box at the end of the search, OpenBenchmark is for everything else.

Yes. I agree with this.

OP
O

ocpl

Geonewbie
Ok because Benchmark is characteristic point we can expand this services to other waypoint (visted places, virtual caches etc) and divide on different category. We can togive name for this project OpenWayPoint (domain http://www.openwaypoint.com is free in this moment). Question to developers of OC is it possible use of OC source produce other services described above ?

Oliver

Geowizard
ocpl schrieb:
Question to developers of OC is it possible use of OC source produce other services described above ?

Yes, under the terms of the GPL, you are allowed to use the sources.
Have a look to http://devel.opencaching.de/viewcvs/viewcvs.cgi/html/ ... there is a new template-engine (based on Smarty) checked in (see index.php and lib2).

I wish you good luck with the project, but i cannot support you more than giving our sources to you ... i spend enough time to Opencaching.de ...

smo

Geomaster
What about to integrate "Openwaypoint" into the emerging opencaching Network? This may save a lot of work and resources, because the two sites could use one db and networking infrastructure, but showing up as two independent platforms? I think there are a great potential of synergy from which both projects could benefit.

Regards
Steve

eliminator0815

Geowizard
Worum geht`s hier eigentlich?
chimp2.gif

radioscout

Geoking
eliminator0815 schrieb:
Worum geht`s hier eigentlich?
A short summary for users that do not understand the englisch language.
Eine kurze Zusammenfassung für User, die kein Englisch verstehen:

ocpl schrieb:
Hi,
What do you think about idea build services similar to www.waymarking.comin which exist category of Benchamrk and users can add founded geodetic points to database. But one problem exist with www.waymarking.comthis part of Geocaching.com and for add new subcategory for exmaple Polish or Germany geodetic points you must be PREMIUM member.
Maybe we need to start to build OpenBenchmark site with modify OC source to add benchmark instead geocache.
Der OP hat vorgeschlagen, einen auf der auf der oc-Software basierenden Service ähnlich wm einzurichten, wo Benchmarks geloggt und neue Kategorien eingerichtet werden können.
Sein Problem ist, daß neue Kategorien nur durch pm eingerichtet werden können und er deshalb OpenBenchmark auf Basis einer modifizierten oc-Software einrichten möchte.

Oben