• Willkommen im Geoclub - dem größten deutschsprachigen Geocaching-Forum. Registriere dich kostenlos, um alle Inhalte zu sehen und neue Beiträge zu erstellen.

GeoKrety.org - new free "Travel Bug"-System

ocpl

Geonewbie
Our OC PL user start to create new total free service which is similar to TravelBug(TM) or GeoLutins and aims at tracking things you put to geocache containers.

Current version is still beta but day by day developers working on this system. We have plan to multilanguage version.

You can see and test on http://geokrety.org You can send comments on forum (general is in polish but you can write in english)

http://www.garniak.pl/viewtopic.php?t=1042

Other user from OC PL start to develop other open service "OpenWayPoint" which will be similar like Wyamarking GC.com because we want to move virtual / web cam caches to separate services. On OC system we want to use only for physical caches. I have write about this about half year ago
http://www.geoclub.de/viewtopic.php?t=13948&highlight=openwaypoint

Looks pretty nice already.
Are there plans to indicate the presence of a GeoKrety in the cache description? Maybe it is hidden somewhere, but I was not able to find it. My knowledge of polish language is limited to tak and pivo... :oops:

Nice work up to now!

please try to write english for our not-german friends in this thread.

Maybe we can use this thread for bug-reporting and more about GEOkrety.org.

btw. Your site is really nice! Open and effective ;)

lion

http://geokrety.org/konkret.php?id=35

the "Total Distance" do not summarize the singlie distances from waypoint to waypoint. Should be a bug, isn't it?

lion

Lion & Aquaria schrieb:
please try to write english for our not-german friends in this thread.
:?: I only see English text in this thread.

The sum on the linked page is the sum of all (wrong) single steps on the journey of your traveler. The bug is not in the sum but in the calculation of the single distances.

sorry.. I forget to write that I splitt the german sub-thread and give it a own thread (http://www.geoclub.de/ftopic19495.html)

so you're right. now it's only english text left ;)

lion

Oh, sorry.

Anyhow, your test traveler shows 18km traveled distance in total which is the sum of all 2km parts. The bug is elsewhere. And I'm not sure if the starter of this thread is following the discussion here. He mentioned that there is a forum for bug reports where English reports are also understood and welcome.

Christian und die Wutze schrieb:
...Anyhow, your test traveler shows 18km traveled distance in total which is the sum of all 2km parts. The bug is elsewhere. ...
you're right! I remember, when I added the first waypoint the total distance was 56kms. After adding several other waypoints it went wrong...

Christian und die Wutze schrieb:
...And I'm not sure if the starter of this thread is following the discussion here. He mentioned that there is a forum for bug reports where English reports are also understood and welcome.
I wrote him a PM after pinning his post. So he should recognize the change.

lion

the "TOTAL DISTANCE"-Bug only seems to appear, wenn a OC.de Cache is logged. With OC.pl-Caches (and GC.com Caches because you must type in the coordinates manually) it works.
Maybe the coordinates from the OC.de-Caches are not correctly imported?

lion

sp2ong

Geocacher
Hi,

Yes, developer working on solve problem with total distance. It is problem with entry 2 or more with the same date and hour.

GeoKrety current support Waypoint OC DE and PL to read XY coordiantes but for other listing sites GC.com etc GK use Waypoint only to make link to cache where is located GK.

Thank you for testing and report.

filips

Geocacher
Hi,

I'm filips, a developer of geokrety.org. Thanks for beta-testing, I appreciate all comments and bugs reported.

The 'distance calculation' bug was connected with the possibility of entering the same date of hidding GeoKret. Now I changed the code a bit and it is no longer possible to hide the GeoKret twice with the same date and time. So it should be ok now.

You can post your ideas and comments here (in english if possible).

have a niece weekend,
/F

sp2ong schrieb:
Yes, developer working on solve problem with total distance. It is problem with entry 2 or more with the same date and hour.
In fact it was a little bit irritating. Because the time is marked as an optional field, but I have to chance it because I couldn't log another waypoint with it ;)

lion

now, a log can be made with the same date... but there aren't listed in the Krety-info-page

lion

PS: http://geokrety.org/konkret.php?id=36 a made 2 successful logs for this Krety, but nothing is shown...

sp2ong

Geocacher
Generally idea of Geokrety was built tracking system which will be independent on database of caches - look on Travel Bug GC.com but if developers OC code will be add some functionality to show GK presence of GK in desc. of cache OC, it is possible. But now, we must to solve current problems and release first full working system, after this we can think on add extra funcionality of GK system.

Please test current beta version and send report about bug, idea, sugestion etc in this thread.

Oliver

Geowizard
Hi sp2ong and filips,

integrating Geokrety in the OC code would be fine.

For the beginning i think having an read-only-xml-interface to load Geokrety's would be enough ...

If we can help to translate Geokrety from english to german, let us know!

Thanks,
Oliver

filips

Geocacher
Lion & Aquaria schrieb:
now, a log can be made with the same date... but there aren't listed in the Krety-info-page

Sorry, another problem occured, but it should be ok now.

For the beginning i think having an read-only-xml-interface to load Geokrety's would be enough ...

It would be very niece, but - as sp2ong wrote, first we have to cope with current problems and release the first working version.

If we can help to translate Geokrety from english to german, let us know!

Thanks, it is planned after the first release.

sp2ong

Geocacher
We are working on idea about type of log with GK. If you have any sugestion please share with us.

Waldek

filips

Geocacher
sp2ong schrieb:
We are working on idea about type of log with GK. If you have any sugestion please share with us. Waldek

A kind of compromise was reached: we have three types of log:
- chcange location (if you put GeoKret to the cache)
- stop in the trip (if you dont plan to put the GeoKret into cache in next few days)
- a comment
We encourage you to test all options and share your comments.

Also we are looking for a logo for our service. As the name is GeoKrety (it is GeoMoles) it should be a mole - maybe with a compass, gps or a spade. Of course the licence of the logo should be not restrictive.

And, by the way, if you notice any language mistakes in our service, let us know (may be in this thread).

Have a niece weekend,
filips

Oben