• Willkommen im Geoclub - dem größten deutschsprachigen Geocaching-Forum. Registriere dich kostenlos, um alle Inhalte zu sehen und neue Beiträge zu erstellen.

Weekend in Munich

Greetings from Scotland. Sorry this is in English - my German is not up to much!
I will be in Munich next weekend to visit my son who is working at Google for the summer. I have not found a cache in Germany yet, so am looking forward to a first find there. It looks like there are some excellent multis (hoping Google translations will work ok!) in the city centre. I would be pleased to hear about any 'must-do' city centre caches.

I am also hoping that I might be reunited with my Californian coin which may be making its way to Munich this week - any help if it gets close is appreciated.

Thanks
Firth of Forth

ng-ebe

Geocacher
Likely the one closest to Google's Munich office is this one.
It's also one of Munich's mostly visited caches.
Nevertheless there so many caches within the city and around, you'll not be able to find them all.
Look out for a couple of them and simply enjoy your stay!
Welcome to Munich.

BriToGi

Geowizard
Do you arrive by plane in munich? Then you should search the great TB hotel at the airport - GC1PQE6 (at the roof of parking area P20)...

A

Anonymous

if your stay in Munich is longer, you perhaps should also try to find some of the even more excellent multi which are a bit outside the city center ;-)

btw: working at google in Munich is quite an excellent choice... i really love their office and they are situated really good directly in the "heart" of the city..

OP
F

Firth of Forth

Geonewbie
Thanks for the tips - especially the one about the TB hotel at the airport (though I will be with 2 other family members and not sure how much patience they may have waiting for me!).

Yes - working at Google has , apparently, been "awesome".

macrojames

Geocacher
Would you like to contact ne personally?
I will obtain your coin this afternoon and can drop it tomorrow in munichs center.

I could hide it anywhere else, as Munichs geocachers being quite active and will retrieve it before you reach it.

Perhaps any geocacher is willing to meet you?

De: kann das jemand einrichten? Werde zwischen Stachus und Sendlinger Tor sein....

Nersgatt

Geocacher
macrojames schrieb:
I could hide it anywhere else, as Munichs geocachers being quite active and will retrieve it before you reach it.
Just put in a a envelope and write "If someone takes this envelope, he is hit by lightning while shitting."

OP
F

Firth of Forth

Geonewbie
Thanks very much to all of those cachers who transported my coin towards Munich. It's amazing what can be done!

Yes there is a chance that the coin would be picked up before I get to it - but I guess that's part of the geocaching fun.

Given all of the trouble you have been to to help out I would say that macrojames should just do what is convenient for him. I am arriving Friday afternoon and heading to Marienplatz.

Bogeyman

Geocacher
Check out this TB hotel:
http://coord.info/GC2FJ76
It guides you to the world's largest city park of the world, the english garden.
Greets and welcome to Germany

OP
F

Firth of Forth

Geonewbie
I am pleased to be able to report that I have successfully retrieved my coin form a place not far from my hotel this evening. Vielen dank to all those cachers who helped the coin on its way to Munich.

Oben