• Willkommen im Geoclub - dem größten deutschsprachigen Geocaching-Forum. Registriere dich kostenlos, um alle Inhalte zu sehen und neue Beiträge zu erstellen.

App GC Buddy kaputt ?

Tulpenfuß

Geocacher
Hätte da mal ne Frage.

Ich habe auf meinem Eierphone die GC Buddy app.
Zum Paperless Cachen ist die ganz gut.
Nun bekomme ich seid dem letzten update von GC nur noch folgende Nachricht wenn ich mir neue Caches ziehen will;

"iphonecaching.appspot.com is down for maintenance."

Geht das nur mir so oder ist das ein allgemeines Problem?
Wird das wieder?

Ist immerhin schon seit 5 Tagen so.

vielesbesser

Geocacher
Mir geht es genauso! Wann geht es hier weiter? Wie lange dauert so etwas erfahrungsgemäß? Wer kann was sagen?

vielesbesser

Geocacher
Ich habe eben vom GC Buddy Entwickler auf Nachfrage die folgende Nachricht erhalten:

The web app at the address http://iphonecaching.appspot.com is (was) written and maintained by an independent 3th party developer in Germany. He created an export to GCBuddy and I was very enthusiast about that. That is also the reason I included a link to his web app in GCBuddy a while ago. Please note that iphonecaching.appspot.com is not part of GCBuddy but more a supporting website.

Last wednesday groundspeak changed their website. Normally the web app at iphonecaching.appspot.com adapts fast to that but this time the developer did let me know that he might keep the site offline, in anticipation of the coming 3th party API from Groundspeak. In order to enter that program he must stop scraping their website since this is against their terms of service.

I am already enrolled in the Beta program for that same API and once that new channel goes live, GCBuddy will be able to communicate directly (and legally) with the servers of Groundspeak. This is expected to happen in one or two months.

In the meantime users of GCBuddy will have to revert back to the older manual method of entering caches. Note that under Connectivity a web server option is present, allowing users to browse to their iPhone on your home network and copy/paste info more easily using a web browser interface. Ideal for preparation at home. Read the manual about this possibility on http://www.btstsoft.nl/apps/gcbuddy

Ich denke hier ist erst mal Schicht im Schacht! Oder alles von Hand eingeben?

DL3BZZ

Geoguru
Dann müssen wir uns noch ein bissl gedulden, bis die neue Version vom GCBuddy erscheint.
Alles wird gut :)

Bis denne
Lutz, DL3BZZ

DL3BZZ

Geoguru
Update vom GCBuddy auf Version 5.50:
"Searching and downloading a cache now no longer uses the iphonecaching.appspot.com website since the future of that site is unclear.
Using WebViews you can login on geocaching.com with your premium membership and download the GPX file directly. If the GPX file contains waypoints these will be added as well.
This is a temporary solution until geocaching.com will release their public API."

Alles wird gut :D

Deichkind

Geocacher
Weiß man den, ob fürs Android auch mal ein Update kommt?
Dort geht das Hinzufügen von Caches nämlich immernoch nur von Hand.

Oben