• Willkommen im Geoclub - dem größten deutschsprachigen Geocaching-Forum. Registriere dich kostenlos, um alle Inhalte zu sehen und neue Beiträge zu erstellen.

HoHoHo, Santa Claus is coming to Town!

Have you been a good cacher?

40_1.JPG

Twas 10 days before Christmas and all through the writings,
they were looking for Santa Coins but he was not biting.

He has chosen a few and some just kept trying,
some pleaded and begged and some started crying.

To get one of these coins would bring so much joy,
but you’ll have to prove you’re a good girl or boy.

His message is clear in the forums you read,
It’s not about the money but the message to heed.

With all of this said and things being right,
Happy trading to all and to all a good night.

And yes, there is a Santa! Have you been a good cacher this year? You might find one in a geocache! But where? That´s a secret but Santa left a hint for you: "My reindeer army left some coins near Frankfurt Reindeer Port on their way back to Finland".

But remember: Share the coins and spread the Christmas cheer.

Merry Christmas

OP
E

EugeneTheCacher

Geocacher
Santa just called me on the phone. He has one extra coin to spare for a good cacher.

But how do you get it?

Tell us which is your favourite christmas cache and why? And if you are lucky this coin will be sent to you!

Open till Dec, 23th. 2005

... let´s hear your stories!

OP
E

EugeneTheCacher

Geocacher
Oh I can´t believe it, this is great. There is another coin from Santa coming to us. He couldn´t find enough good cachers on Cat´s Island (whereever that is?) and figured we deserve another coin.

The first(!!!) geocacher to post a picture of himself with Santa Claus or wearing a Santa Claus costume, eg. hat, will get this coin.

Over and out, this coin goes to TandT. Congrats!

This would count:

22025-thumb2.jpg

Merry Christmas! - and help to spread the Christmas cheer!

Eugene The Cacher, a faithful servant to the old man.

HerrK

Geomaster
Hi Eugene,

is this beautiful christmas coin made by you?
Where do you come from....which country?

A

Anonymous

Die IP von "Eugene" ist in Deutschland beheimatet und wird noch von jemand anderem hier benutzt, der auch im Coin-Tausch-Thread fleissig mitmischt... :wink:

HerrK

Geomaster
Jetzt hast Du mich aber neugierig gemacht! 8)
Wer ist wohl der mysteriöse User.......... :?:

A

Anonymous

TandT schrieb:
Die IP von "Eugene" ist in Deutschland beheimatet und wird noch von jemand anderem hier benutzt, der auch im Coin-Tausch-Thread fleissig mitmischt... :wink:
Sollte nur der Information dienen und euch den Spaß nicht verderben.

HerrK

Geomaster
Das macht es ja auch nicht...nur der Mensch ist ja nunmal von Natur aus Neugierig.
Der mysteriöse User wird sich ja dann im nächsten Jahr sicherlich zu erkennen geben.

OP
E

EugeneTheCacher

Geocacher
HerrK schrieb:
Hi Eugene,

is this beautiful christmas coin made by you?
Where do you come from....which country?

Hey HerrK,

Nope, the coin is made by the man himself:

santa-claus.jpg

I am just one of this faithful servants helping to spread the Christmas cheer around the world. He said to me: "Eugene, listen carefully. I need your help in an important matter. I heard there are a lot of good geocacher in Germany. And I want them to have some of my coins for Christmas".

You can image I was quite puzzeled and asked him: "How can I be of any help?". "Very easy!" good ol' Santa said to me. And continued: "I give you a handful of coins, maybe a little more, and I want you to spread them with a Christmas cheer. Place some in local geocaches for your fellow cachers to find. The rest of them should be given away to other brave geocachers in Germany. There is a prerequiste to this: Only a good cacher should get one of these coins. I hold you personally responsible for this!"

And then I asked him why not a elf or areindeers can do this job for him and he answered: "Na, those dump reindeers can´t open the stupid ammo boxes and the elves always steal the coins, happened last year al' the time."

That´s the story, basically. Did I mention that old Santa got stuck in our chimney?
chimney2.gif

He also said: "Tis Christmas time around the world, these coins I´d like to share." That´s exactly what he said to me!

And if you want to know where to find Santa Claus take a look here: http://www.noradsanta.org :wink:

Hope that answers all your questions :roll:

OP
E

EugeneTheCacher

Geocacher
Santa´s helper are everywhere:

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Santa-Christmas-GEOCOIN-Free-Shipping_W0QQitemZ8361753376QQcategoryZ259QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

:p :p :p

HerrK

Geomaster
So the elf's and dwarf's are the minter of the coin.... :shock: ....thanks for the info!

I think i was not good enough this year, so Santa have for me no coin left over. :(

Please say Santa this is a nice idea....... :wink:

OP
E

EugeneTheCacher

Geocacher
HerrK schrieb:
So the elf's and dwarf's are the minter of the coin.... :shock: ....thanks for the info!

I think i was not good enough this year, so Santa have for me no coin left over. :(

Please say Santa this is a nice idea....... :wink:

Don´t worry, I wasn´t always a good cacher this year either. And "HE" let me keep one of the coins.

OP
E

EugeneTheCacher

Geocacher
Curious? You are not the only one :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=115884&st=0

What a wonderful "hobby".

A

Anonymous

Does this one count? 8)
06-20051_gr.jpg

(I'm that small, I fit under the hat completely... :lol: )

OP
E

EugeneTheCacher

Geocacher
TandT schrieb:
Does this one count? 8)
06-20051_gr.jpg

(I'm that small, I fit under the hat completely... :lol: )

No, that doesn't. :twisted: :cry: :twisted:

1. It´s obviously green, not red
2. You are not in the picture, you can´t be that small.
3. There are far greater soccer clubs in Germany than this one. I know this much.
4. Remember Santa´s cane ;-)

A

Anonymous

EugeneTheCacher schrieb:
No, that doesn't. :twisted: :cry: :twisted:

1. It´s obviously green, not red
2. You are not in the picture, you can´t be that small.
3. There are far greater soccer clubs in Germany than this one. I know this much.
4. Remember Santa´s cane ;-)

1. You said nothing about the color of the costume.
2. For sure, I'm not that small, but the hat is that big... :wink:
3. You must be HSV fan... :lol: (poor guy...!)
4. Don't become jealous because my cane is bigger than yours... :lol:

A

Anonymous

Ok, to be honest... in addition, here's another (not even better) one taken just a few minutes ago:
77cfbb9a-37cb-41e7-b0dc-ebed42a5b14a.jpg

OP
E

EugeneTheCacher

Geocacher
That sure counts :wink:

40_2.JPG

This coin is all yours. Shoot me your address via pm and send it out as soon as the reindeers are ready to pick it up.

Santa expects a picture of yourself with the coin when it arrives, of course

Eugene

P.S. HSV. Paahhhh! Never in my dreams.

:wink:

radioscout

Geoking
TandT schrieb:
In .de werden üblicherweise dynamische IP-Adressen verwendet. Die Adresse, mit der ich diesen Beitrag schreibe, kann schon in wenigen Minuten (wenn ich mich bei T-Online auslogge) einem anderen User zugeteilt werden (wenn dieser sich danach bei T-Online einloggt). Dieser kann dann mit "meiner" IP-Nummer in diesem Forum posten.
Um eine IP-Nummer sicher einer Person zuordnen zu können, benötigt man eine Auskunft vom Provider, die dieser aber nur an Berechtigte geben darf.
Das ist allerdings bald für 6-24 Monate (statt bisher 3 Monate) möglich.
Wenn allerdings zwei Accounts gleichzeitig mit der selben IP-Nummer eingeloggt sind, kann man relativ sicher sein, daß es die selbe Person ist. Ganz sicher auch nicht, denn es können sich mehrere einen Anschluß teilen oder jemand/mehrere benutzen ein offenes WLAN.
Ähnlich ist es auch bei Firmennetzen: Bei uns gibt es weit über tausend Mitarbeiter aber nur ganz wenige externe IP-Nummern.

A

Anonymous

Wenn unter der einen IP zwischen 10.05 Uhr und 10.27 gepostet wird und unter der selben IP von einem (angeblichen?) anderen User Beiträge zwischen 10.18 Uhr und 10.55 Uhr, glaube ich allerdings auch nach Deinem sehr gut erläuternden Exkurs an ein und dieselbe Person... :wink:

Oben