• Willkommen im Geoclub - dem größten deutschsprachigen Geocaching-Forum. Registriere dich kostenlos, um alle Inhalte zu sehen und neue Beiträge zu erstellen.

Tranquility Interest Survey "Germany Only Edition"

OP
Castle Man

Castle Man

Geocacher
UPDATE: Customs had to divert packages out of Hong Kong and China through Japan. This is not common so the TQ's will arrive on Thursday and I will ship the same day. Sorry for the day delay.
Jim - Castle Man

OP
Castle Man

Castle Man

Geocacher
CONFIRMED: The German Color TQ's will arrive today and will also ship to those who paid the reservation invoices.
I'll do a count when these are out and post any left to those who are on the reservation list.

OP
Castle Man

Castle Man

Geocacher
Here are better pictures. All paid packages have been posted today. I think these are the FINEST TQ's available so far. My personal favorite.
I currently have several requests for some of these.
QUESTION TO THE FORUM: Do we want a few more of these made so everyone here can get one or two??

TQGermanSilver.jpg

TQGermanGold.jpg

Whitby

Geomaster
Castle Man schrieb:
QUESTION TO THE FORUM: Do we want a few more of these made so everyone here can get one or two??

Hi Jim!

I think it is fine to give everyone the opportunity to get some. But I don't think the way to go is to produce so many that single people have four or five and they will end up in internet aucions even before they are delivered.

wutzebear

Geoguru
Whitby schrieb:
But I don't think the way to go is to produce so many that single people have four or five and they will end up in internet aucions even before they are delivered.
I don't know if you think about my posting especially, but just for the record: I never sold a coin via e.g. ebay (just bought some there) and I don't think I will.

I wrote "for trades" and I ment "for trades". Many american or aussie catchers like the german colour scheme and will trade local coins for the german-schemed TQs. Just imagine the Castle Man Personal Coin 08 in the American-only and the Europe-only version. The german TQ would be the perfect chance for me to trade for the American-only CM08.

By the way: if others didn't get the coins, of course I stand back. But IMO Jim's last posting was a question if there's still demand for some more TQ's and how many he should mint; so everybody should get the number of coins he/she wants.

Whitby

Geomaster
wutzebear schrieb:
I don't know if you think about my posting, but just for the record: I never sold a coin via ebay (just bought some there) and I don't think I will. I wrote "for trades" and I ment "for trades". Many american or aussie catchers like the german colour scheme and will trade local coins for the german-schemed TQs. Just remember the Castle Man Personal Coin 08 in the American-only and the Europe-only version.

No, I didn't think about your posting. I believe that you ment "for trades" as I know from your postings that you are trading a lot. But in the last weeks it was obvious that many limited coins ended up on ebay. And I don't think that this should happen.
The german TQs look really great and yes, they will be wonderful for trading (that's why I orderded two each ;) )

movie_fan

Geoguru
i think you can't stop the ebay problem.
this happend to all limited coins which are beautiful (like this one).

everybody can do with his/her coins what they wanted to do. so selling them at ebay is an option.

I don't like this, but many coins will be there.

wutzebear

Geoguru
Whitby schrieb:
No, I didn't think about your posting. I believe that you ment "for trades" as I know from your postings that you are trading a lot.
Thanks. Didn't mean to offence you, but as my posting was just two above yours...

Sorry, I think I was over-reacting.
sm-nachdenk.gif

Whitby schrieb:
But in the last weeks it was obvious that many limited coins ended up on ebay. And I don't think that this should happen.
I agree totally, because these sellers shouldn'd have bought the coin, so the sellers who wanted to keep them could have got their chance. On the other hand - if you can order just one coin, the ratio coin costs : shipping costs is horrendous. But that discussion comes up regularly - without a really good solution.
shrug.gif

OP
Castle Man

Castle Man

Geocacher
I agree I don't like the ebay thing much either for new coins however we cannot invoke our will on it so psssst. In fact if I were to stop offering coins I could probably make 3 or 4 times the price for some of these coins by selling on ebay. I tried this with the Purple Haze and Green Giant edition and sold many for HUGE profit. But, I don't want to sit here and make a killing off coin lovers. The idea for making just a few more is to allow each person here in the green forum (these are not in the webstore) to be able to have some exactly for what wutzbear pointed out....trading. These should be excellent trade material for some coins that most people want multiple coins for. Especially since they are only available here and only to German customers. Even my pals here in my town did not get any. So it appears we should have a few more of these just in case someone did not get in on them or wants a few extras for traders.

OP
Castle Man

Castle Man

Geocacher
BloodyBeer schrieb:
Castle Man schrieb:

Yes, so i can get also some of these coins, seems that my order was a little bit too late :roll:

Anyone who missed or wants more please refer to this post:

Shipping is as follows:
1 coin $3.50 US Funds
2 coins $5.00 US Funds
3 coins $6.50 US Funds
4 coins $8.00 US Funds
These are VERY heavy so this is the reason for the slight increase.
A MAXIMUM of 2 Each will be in effect.
I only made 50 Gold and 50 Silver. If I do not have enough to fill all of the orders I can make a few more so everyone who wants them (here) can get some.

NOTE: If I run out before your reservation is received I will place your info on the 2nd minting list. I will not invoice for 2nd minting until they arrive (if necessary). Also, if you are using a "bank transfer" I always have to wait for paypal to clear your funding before shipping. This has delayed shipments for up to 10 days in the past so be advised. Also, at times Paypal has NOT cleared some of these transactions so make sure you take care of funding if you want the order, thanks.

To get your reservation please send the following information to me at: [email protected]

Your Name:
Caching Name:
paypal email for invoice:
Gold Coins Wanted:
Silver Coins Wanted:

Whitby

Geomaster
So that could give me the opportunity to trade for some of the "early" TQ editions, that were already sold out before I was infected with the caching and geocoin viruses :D

helixrider

Geocacher
Hi Jim,
glad to see you online - did you get my mail from today? Sometimes I am having trouble with my Treo... :oops:
Viele Grüße,
Michael

OP
Castle Man

Castle Man

Geocacher
helixrider schrieb:
Hi Jim,
glad to see you online - did you get my mail from today? Sometimes I am having trouble with my Treo... :oops:
Viele Grüße,
Michael

Yes Michael I received it. I have enough requests to mint about 25 more of each metal. They should be here by the end of the month.

rabazzo

Geocacher
Hey Jim,

Just for the record:
I never sold any coin on ebay (yet).
The reason I would like to have quite a few of the german TQs is for trading as wutzebear pointed out. I started trading and collecting about a year ago.
So the coins I have are quite new and I have trouble finding matching offers for older coins I would like to trade for.
The german TQs would indeed be perfect for this.

Also, it makes me proud, that I had some influence on the design.
I will not say here, that I will never sell any coins on ebay at all (as you pointed out it is tempting), especially if I would run into financial trouble in the future. Actually right now coins are a better investment than stocks :)

anyways - thanks for caring for the german coin lovers!

This is what I like about geocaching and coin-collecting:
It is still a new community, so there are a lot of idealistic people involved that care for the thing and not (only) for money - like you.
Hope it stays this way - but I am kind of pessimistic on this one...

Greetings,

rabazzo

Oben